mercredi 12 mai 2010

Köln or Cologne ?

When you go to Westphalia you must visit Köln told me a German last semester.

I did so and I liked that.

Köln was for me only one train station, a Dom and a kind of parfum. Now it's a charming town as well.

The Cathedral was unfortunately too big to take an entire picture.



After the historical part we visited the modern part. I read on internet that Köln is a place where you must go for shopping.


But Köln is also a romantic town where a lot of people are getting married everyday.


It's also currently the place where is occuring the world championship of Hockey on ice


inside that arena.


With that Slogan ^^


We visited with Justin the museum of "eau de Cologne" and the guide explained why the name was French and not German. This was simply created over the French occupation that is to say at the end of the 18th century.

So there is still a problem for some people that arrive there, do we're in Köln or in Cologne because of the most important symbol of the town.

I felt more in France than in Germany in this town so I'd rather say Cologne but officially it's still Köln !!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire