mercredi 12 mai 2010

Praha

At the end of april happened also the end of the lectures and it's the most important, the spring.
So I decided to enjoy the fact that I don't live so far away to "a low cost" airport to visit places that I couldn't from France where I've never time to move.

First Step : Prague, capital of Bohemia

I've met some people that live in this town in Norway and this was a pleasure to see them once again there.


But everything might failed because of that, the volcano cloud built by the reaction between the Icelandic ice and the disruption ... In Norway, we weren't so far away and I got the opportunity to admire this famous cloud. This is a picture from my dorm.

Fortunetely for me, it didn't bother me in my plans but it made a lot of troubles for other people ...

So my Prague trip started to Kristiansand. Everyday I was taking informations on internet, trying to guess if the cloud could disapear for the right day. I've even read some papers and researches about clouds and elements.

Finally I was pretty lucky. I booked my airplane ticket at the begining of march to obtain a discount and could fly to Prague. Wednesday flights were still cancelled and Friday mine was ok.

So I could see that on the screen


This was finally the time to discover Kafka's city, Putsch and Spring of Prague place's, famous Venceslav square and so one. I was so eagger to accross also the famous "iron curtain" for the first time in my life. We have a weird representation in our mind of the central and eastern Europa and travel there was a profitable experience for me, an opportunity to break down definitively stereotypes.


So Czech Republic is like that ! It's not that poor, it's simply normal. There are some private companies, weather is nice and it's not dangerous to walk on the streets => It's not Russia !!


There is even KFC, globalization and capitalism are here as well. Amazing ? lol

Otherwise Prague is well known for the beauty of it architecture, to tell you the truth it's fantastic and unescapable.


Or the Astronomic Clock taken from the Old Town square.


And an other pix from this awesome square.


And now one of the "Bridge tower" upon the famous "Charles Bridge" covered partially by the Czech symbol. 3 regions that created a State (and not four !!)


As you can guess, Prague is an artistic town and some initiatives are created to bolster their creativity. John Lennon's wall is one of them.


We can also find some "souvenirs" from the communist period for the tourists like that police car.


Then I visited the castle in spite of I didn't like so much the picture on the guide. But my "guide" thought that I MUST visited this monument so I've been there with her and I found that monument pretty nice. You can notice that Czech flags are put and this means that the Czech president is inside the castle working to the future of his country.


I've visited also the cathedral behind the castle, very beautiful monument but I didn't take any pictures by respect for God.

Then we've been in a garden where you have also an access to a building roof. From this place you can admire Prague and take a lot of beautiful pictures.


And a view of the castle from the bottom of the hill.


The day after we decided to visit a garden from where we can admire very well this awesome town.


Then we've met other friends from Kristiansand and we walked along the Vitava river. On the background you can see the famous Charles Bridge.


The day after, I wanted to know more the Czech culture and not visit only things that everybody visit usually. So I visited the university of my friend, the legendar VŠE. And I saw several weird things (for a French Student of course). For example, they mentioned at the main entrance that it's forbidden to bring weapons inside the university. But I had a logical explanation: "In Czech Republic, everything that is not forbidden is allowed so it's important tell that if you don't want to have such a problem". To the cafeteria, I was amazed by the fact that you can buy and drink bear.

The proof is here


Otherwise, I visited a modern art museum and I've seen a work that sould represent European Union members through Czech artists. I heard about a scandal when I was in France and I absolutely wanted to that.



I'm not going to tell you what is behind this representations, I would prefer to read your suppositions and see where your imagination is.

Some people think that the only the only we are sure is that we're going to die a day. This is true, but I'm also sure of something. I will definitively go back to Prague to admire once again this fabulous town and visit the 7th better zoo of the world too with my guide that I thank so much for her job.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire